Friday, October 10, 2008

Love Hurts




I fell for my youngest grandson the other day and can tell you it is no fun.

I don't have any visible marks outside my clothes, the X-rays showed no broken bones and happily there was nothing sharp in my way!

My youngest grandson was cruising with his new car-style walker in the kitchen while I was getting the other 4 boys (grandpa, dad, and 2 other gransons) settled for dinner. When we met at a tight intersection, I tried to gracefully ballet-leap over him, felt my balance was a bit off, and fearing I might land on him I gave it a turbo boost and catapulted myself into the middle of the kitchen. I grazed the oven with my back and landed squarely (if not so gracefully) on my elbow and shoulder (the "good" old one not the one that has been replaced with tinanium).

When I managed a sitting position, Darren looked at me, face full of glee as if to say "do it again grandma!" The kid is a world-class audience of one.

No comments: