Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting better every day

Just look how my hubby has slimmed his belly down. We have been pretty good at staying with our program the past few weeks and it is paying off.

I haven't actually gotten on the scales, but my clothes fit better and I feel better. Family visits are throwing us a curve sometimes though. We love to have our family together and the main activity when we are together revolves around food.

Now that summer is almost here, we can add swimming and canoeing to the activities and I am hoping we can find new activities we all enjoy together. 

Our refrigerator is stuffed with so much fruit and veggies I can't keep up with it. We go to the Produce Place in Melbourne where we can get mostly locally raised fruit and veggies. I can't believe it, but I am like a kid in a candy store when we get there. I put in an order for one of the all fruit smoothies and run off to collect the bounty while they peel the frozen fruit and whip up my tasty treat... usually mango. Ummmm good.

Staying with the work out plan isn't easy only due to being torn between meeting up with family members or doing our workout routine. Still, we are getting better all the time.

2 comments:

Frugal New England Kitchen said...

Great for the both of you! I resolved to go on a medical diet for 12 weeks! I'll be keeping a journey on my blog! We can keep track together!

nothingprofound said...

Pat-I think it's marvelous you've undertaken this healthy regime. Hope you're having a wonderful Spring.